Seasonings and Spices You Should Keep in Store
Seasonings and spices
No dish is a success unless it is well seasoned and flavored and correctly colored.
Taste everything possible before serving it.
Be critical, and blend the flavors well.
Keep in stock
- Salt, celery salt, celery seeds,
- Pepper and peppercorns.
- Cayenne and paprika pepper.
- Coralline pepper to garnish savories.
- Mustard and French mustard.
- Mace (blades and ground).
- Bay leaves, mint, sage.
- Parsley, thyme.
- Fennel, sorrel and chives (in season).
- Cloves, curry powder.
Tomato, Anchovy, Mayonnaise, Worcester, etc.
Cinnamon, ginger, allspice, mixed spice, nutmeg.
Vanilla, almonds, ratified, lemon, etc.
Lemons and oranges.